la [lah]: n. plushly poetic author, vocalist, model, artist, daughter, sister, lover, friend (and otha dope stuff like that...)

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

the shortest lap ever... e-v-e-r

soo let me first start off by saying i was not trying to be cute. there are times to be cute (and when i say cute, i mean extra cute cause i think one should always be relatively cute lol) but, back to the story - i was not trying to be cute. but apparently that was not the case...

in actuality, i've been searching for a nice, not-too-noticeable, athletic swimsuit to wear when i'm lapping it up at the ballys or the community pool. and just the day before, i found myself inside of a sports authority, flipping thru racks of black on black (or some ridiculously-bright shade of pink or blue), racer-back, swoosh on the side or some other sporty emblem, one piece, i-didn't-come-to-play bathing suit. but on this particular day, i hadn't yet bought said bathing suit and was in a rush to pack my gym bag before leaving for work. so, i grabbed what i could find - a cute, bandeau top (with an attachable string necktie tho!!), towel, goggles, swimcap and bounced...


fast-forwarding thru the work day, now at the gym and in the pool - let's go! nodding to the few other swimmers (i am a polite swimmer), taking a deep breathe, and diving into the way-too-cold-to-be-gym-water pool i swim on over to the middle (thank the lord, also empty) lane and get ready for my lap. here's where the too cute part comes in:

sidebar: i've recently been making some lifestyle changes and i've been eating better and working out more. i've also been using all-natural supplements in a total body composition system called FIT. well... fit has been working - apparently too well. sidebar over...

half way down my first lap, i realize i'm swimming a little too freely. so i stop swimming, look down, and see that said cute bathing suit mixed with said FIT training has left me far less modest that i started out. oh yea... it was bad. and when i say bad - i mean baaaddd... i can't even begin to tell you how glad i was that the pool was unusually speckled with swimmers, instead of the crowd that has usually gathered by 5pm.

but, rather than roll out like the true chump i felt like, i collected my suit (and string) and spent the rest of my hour in the steam room and jacuzzi. cause only punks run out crying...

but... today i think i'll try zumba.

4 comments:

  1. I've had that happen to me twice at VA beach. I thought I was the only one who had those experiences...smh

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is HILARIOUS!..but you are a true champ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am absolutely done LOL!! But... in true La Style, you carried it off and managed...finagled...FOUND a way to keep your dignity and your suit! Well... um...at least you know FIT works! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, after a 1hr ago I can surely relate!!! I think the real cute bathing suits are not made for jumping waves in VA Beach! I never thought I can tell some many people my business, better yet show them!!! Lmbo for, that I do blame FIT!! FIT gets a "Good Job" hahaha Smh!!

    ReplyDelete